City of Milpitas - NEW Business License Application
The City of Milpitas is now accepting applications for the following types of business:
- Home Based Businesses inside Milpitas,
- State Licensed Contractors Outside of Milpitas
- No Fixed Place of Businesses.
- Commercial Businesses inside Milpitas
What you need to know to get started:
1. Business start date is the first date your business started in the City of Milpitas.
2. Employee identification #is REQUIRED. Sole owner or partnerships are required to provide social security #s for all owners/partners. LLC, Limited Partnership, Trust or Corporations are required to provide a FEIN or SEIN for the business.
3. Business Licenses are issued pending the approval of any or all (or additional) of the following regulatory departments of the City: Planning, Building, Fire, Police, and City Manager's Office. This application will be routed to those regulatory departments for review and determination that the business does conform to the requirements of the City and the law. Non-conforming businesses are subject to the imposition of legal sanctions by the City.
4. Payment will not be required until your application has been accepted. You will receive an email verifying the receipt of application. Within 10 days you will receive an email containing the amount due and instructions how to make payment online.
5. Effective July 1, 2022, Transaction fees for credit & debit card processing is 2.9% minimum of $2.00 and ACH/eCheck Processing of $1.25 per transaction.
We wish you much success in your business venture.
If you need any assistance with the application process, please call us at (408) 586-3100.